Hiya all! Happy New Year. I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and New Year. My holidays are over now and I'm back in my student house revising for exams and writing essays. I have been pretty absent from the blogging world for the last couple of weeks, as for many of you too, I find this period very busy. I've really missed it and now the festivities have finished, I am hoping I will have my blogging schedule(ish) back.
But for now, I am will be dong a quick round up of 2013 as well as little changes I would like to make and work towards for 2014. I find uneasy calling them resolution's. I feel like it set's me up for failure. If they're written down it and called my new year resolutions and I don't achieve them, I feel disheartened. Therefore, here are a few little changes that I would like to make or work towards this year.
I started my blog in late September after a few failed attempts due to confidence issues. I'm really happy about how far I've come in these few months of blogging and all what I feel like I've achieved, not only within my blog, but myself too. I really did not expect to love it as much as I do and I'm hoping this year I will continue to love it and improve in all aspects of my blog. Therefore, some of my hopes for 2014 concerning my blog are;
- I would like to tweak my design. I am no where near an expert with html or layouts, therefore, I'm not thinking of making drastic changes to my blog this year, however, I would like to make it more suited to me and be happier with it overall.
- This Christmas I received a digital camera. It's not expensive or complicated, but I feel that it will be drastically better than my iPhone. Therefore, I am hoping this will help me towards improving my photography. I have photographed so many things before Christmas with my iPhone, but after putting them on my computer realised that they just cannot be used. As well as the lighting being terrible recently, they weren't very good quality. I am really excited to start taking more photos that I will be proud of.
- Like a lot of bloggers, I would like to comment more. I would like to comment on at least three posts a day and probably more on days whereby I am less busy.
I can't say this year has been one of my best. I've had some really amazing times, I've been on some lovely holidays as well as experiencing my first ever flight! However, my health hasn't been too great. It's not serious, but I have had to change my lifestyle and I am constantly aware of how certain things may affect me. My boyfriend also left to do a semester abroad and with everything, I went through a low period. I am happy to say now that things are looking up. Little changes I would like to make concerning my lifestyle this year are;
- Predictably, loose weight. I lost just under a stone at the end of this year, but have put a lot of it back on over the Christmas period. Although I would not class myself as over weight, I would just like to feel more happy and relaxed about my body. I don't want to feel constantly worried about not being able to wear clothes because they don't suit my body shape. Therefore, my aim is to reach a happy size ten and to maintain it.
- Cook something new once a week. I am a very picky eater, combine this with being a vegetarian and I am not very adventurous in the kitchen in the slightest.
- Drink more green tea. I was given some advice recently concerning nerves and stress, that green tea can be a life saver.
- SAVE SAVE SAVE. Quite self explanatory really. I am finishing university soon as well as going on a couple of holidays therefore, this will take priority.
This year I started making jewelry again. I used to in secondary school but it slowly faded out. This summer, I started again during a very long boring summer. I signed up to Etsy and set up a little shop in effort to sell some of the pieces that I ended up making, however, once again, my confidence got the best of me and I never had the courage to open it to the public, although I had favourited items and page views. Eventually this little project was forgotten about. I finish university in four months and saying it out loud scares me to no end. Therefore, I have been working hard for the grades I need and trying to figure out the next step for when I finish. What I hope to achieve concerning work for 2014 are;
- Set up my Esty shop again. I set up this blog initially to coincide with my little shop, therefore, I would love to start making and creating once again, in hopes of selling in the near future.
- I aim to find a job I am happy with, even though I have no clear vision of what career path I want to go down in the future. There's still time.
Those are my little aims for 2014. I am very excited to see what 2014 brings me and where I will be by the end of it. For where I start now, will not be where I finish and I can't wait!
What are your aims for 2014?
Labels: 2014, aims